Staff at Abbey school realise the importance of developing their own knowledge skills and understanding and developing this in practice to bring about sustained school improvement. All teaching staff members have been given the opportunity to develop an identified area of practice that would allow for co-production of other settings and have impact Across School.
NQT’s for 2018-19 are asked to create a blog of their experiences and training, to reflect on practice and to create a learning community that shares best practices.
Professional Projects for 2017-18 have been:
- Implementing and age appropriate continuous provision and challenge based curriculum
- How does design technology impact upon pupils with MLD (Developing a new DT curriculum)
- The impact that mindfulness has on daily practice
- Enabling children to use social cues to independently develop social conversation
- Moving forward into Post 16 without a safety net
- How can a mandate group create a legacy to impact school teaching and learning
- To develop meaningful co-production for all stakeholders
- How can rights respected and P4C continue to foster independence through the curriculum?
- Empowering girls inclusive PE
- The impact that coaching can have on school development