Are you ready for your next challenge? Can you teach and deliver creatively? Are you passionate about making a real difference to pupils with SEND? Take a leap and become part of #teamabbey
Abbey School is a school for children and young people with SEND. We are a special school based in Kimberworth with a Post 16 provision based in Rotherham town centre and a satellite provision at Horizon Community College in Barnsley.
We currently have 212 pupils aged between 5 to 19 years old. The school has a strong ethos on inspiring youngsters to learn, believing that they are able to overcome any barriers and achieving their absolute full potential.
We have an immersive approach to our curriculum that is thematic throughout the school. Our classrooms are immersive and this allows pupils to work both independently and in collaboration together. We offer a fantastic CPD programme for all staff at all levels. We would strongly advise you to look on our website and twitter pages to see some of our fantastic work.
Current Vacancies – Abbey SchoolPost title: Teaching Assistant (x4)
Hours: Part-time 36 hours per week term time only
Salary: Band D £18,166 to £18,909 actual salary
Start date: 04 September 2023
We are looking to appoint 4x Teaching Assistants to work with our fantastic pupils, families and staff team.
2x positions are at our main site in Kimberworth, 2x positions at our Horizon site in Barnsley.
Do you have:
- Experience of supporting children with special educational needs and challenging behaviour
- The skills to place pupil learning at the centre of all your practice.
- The ability to make sound judgements on attainment & progress of students, assess and celebrate in their success.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to enthuse and motivate others
- Experience of delivering a diverse package of learning & pastoral support to pupils.
- Ability to set appropriate and challenging targets for yourself and others
- Ability to make and take decisions both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to contribute to and share quality practice with other ISWs, teachers and the team.
- Commitment to partnership between staff, parents and students
- Grade C or above in both English & Maths GCSE or equivalent
Shortlisting: 05 June 2023
Interviews: 09 June 2023
Download Application Form
Completed forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Schemes can be found at www.disclosure.gov.uk
Abbey School welcome requests from the general public, student and colleges to engage in voluntary work. The school will support you with applying for a DBS before allowing you to engage into school life. We value the support that volunteers can give us whether that be listening to pupils read or fundraising on the schools behalf.
For a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Mrs L Windle to arrange a suitable time. If you require an application pack please contact the school on email@example.com, or telephone on 01709 740074.
Current Vacancies – Nexus Multi academy trust
Further information and application forms can be found by visiting https://www.nexusmat.org/index.php/careers